Enjoy a Fun-Filled, Educational After School Experience
Goshen Multicultural Academy Enrichment Program is a must for any child who wants to learn and have fun! GMA facilitates reading and academic, dance, recreational enrichment, educational field trips, sports, swim clinics and a whole lot more in a faith based environment.
About Our Enrichment Program
After School Enrichment Program
Goshen Multicultural Academy’s After School Enrichment Program is offered to primary students in grades Kindergarten through 8th grade. During our enrichment program these students will have an opportunity to gain an adequate foundation for learning to read and write effectively. In addition through programs such as Pathfinders & Adventurers, students will gain the opportunity to encounter Christ and learn to build a loving and meaningful relationship with him.
Our program provides instruction that can lead to reading fluency, expanded vocabulary, math literacy, utilization of phonics, and poetry and reading for pleasure.
Individual instruction, small group activities, and field trips, are incorporated into the highly interactive learning environment.
Our Academic & Recreation program offers a unique opportunity for the students to experience success 5 days a week.
Our mission is to provide opportunities for achievement in academics, performing arts, and athletics in a fun, Christ-Centered environment.
Since the COVID-19 (Caronavirus) Pandemic, students have fallen behind in their academics, vocational education, and social interations. Time after school is a significant period of time when youth have an opportunity to learn and further develop outside of the classroom. Especially for urban youth, this time can be some of the most critical of their lives.
Goshen Multicultural Academy provides a safe, positive environment where children can develop self-confidence and social skills, build lasting relationships with peers and counselors, work to improve their grasp of core academic disciplines, increase their level of physical fitness, and explore their creativity – all while promoting the fun and freedom that define what summer means to us all.
Our enrichment program emphasizes academic enrichment in literacy, math and science, dance, ballet, art, music, and vocational sports as well as social and most importantly spiritual development.
Goshen Multicultural Academy serves children from Kindergarten through 8th grade. Our after school program involves intensive learning through group instruction and through our many strategic educational and recreational partners.
Students entering Goshen Multicultural Academy must be entering Kindergarten through 8th Grade. Spots for Kindergarten aged students are limited.
A non-refundable deposit is required at the time of registration.
The cost of Goshen Multicultural Academy includes the following:
- All Program Activities & Supplies (minus additional trips, sport equipment, and uniforms for various clubs)
- A Safe & Structured Environment
- Daily Academic Enrichment & Tutoring
- Christ Centered Learning Environment
Monthly Investment: $200 per Student | Additional Siblings: $100.00 per Student | Registration Fee: $50 per Student
2 Easy Ways to Pay:
- Monthly Installments: Billed on the 1st of each month
- Pay Upfront: Pay for Goshen Multicultural Academy in full for 1 year and receive a $100 discount ($1900)
Hours of Operation
Program hours are Monday through Friday 2:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Academic Programing (2:00pm – 5:00pm)
- After Care/Recreational Programing (5:00pm – 8:00pm)
Registration – August 6, 2021
Interest Meeting – August 10, 2021
Official Opening Day – August 30, 2021
Health & Safety
Illness and Injury
If your child shows any symptoms of illness before coming to camp, please notify us.
If your child is sick or injured while at GMA:
- In the event of non-emergency medical treatment, students are taken to the onsite healthcare provider, nurse, or trained staff; who administers minor first aid.
- In the event of a more serious injury or illness, the students will be transported by ambulance to a local hospital, and a parent will be contacted.
- In the event of an illness or injury where the students will not be able to stay in camp, a parent or emergency contact will be called to make arrangements for pickup.
For medical and safety reasons, Goshen Multicultural Academy team members do not administer insulin shots or medications requiring similar procedures.
Goshen Multicultural Academy requires effort and the ability to communicate. To ensure your child has a safe after school experience, your child must:
- Be able to understand, remember and follow instructions
- Be able to respect and relate responsibly to others in a group
- Be able to participate in primarily outdoor activities in large and small groups
Goshen Multicultural Academy has weather radios and access to weather radar. (Tornado Preparedness)
Goshen Multicultural Academy
Behavior Guidelines & Expectations
Please read our Rules & Behavior Policy with your child before programing. We expect students to act respectfully at all times when they are on our property or participating in our programs. Students are to behave in a mature, responsible way and respect the rights and dignity of others. Interactions will reflect the Goshen Multicultural Academy Four Core Values:
- Students take Responsibility for their actions.
- Students Respect themselves, each other, GMA equipment and the environment.
- Honesty will be the basis for all relationships and interactions.
- Students will be caring in their relationships with others.
Goshen Multicultural Academy Rules
- Students must treat other students, counselors, and all GMA staff with RESPECT.
- Students must listen to and follow directions given to them by all counselors and staff. Counselors and staff give directions to keep students happy and safe. Undermining authority will not be tolerated.
- Students must keep hands, feet and other objects to oneself.
- Students shall not intentionally cause or attempt to cause physical or emotional harm to another student or GMA employee.
- Students shall not possess a weapon or object which might be considered a weapon, nor will any illegal substances brought to camp be tolerated.
- Students must never touch another student’s personal belongings.
- Students must treat summer GMA equipment, supplies, and facilities properly and with care.
- Students must not take or touch anything belonging to a staff member or recreation department without prior permission.
- Students shall refrain from rude or offensive language and conduct.
- Students shall remain with their grade level groups at all times while at GMA.
- No water or bathroom breaks should be taken without permission and supervision from a counselor or staff member.
- On field trips GMA T-shirt must be worn at all times.
At Students, bullying is inexcusable, and we have a firm policy against all types of bullying. Each student is expected to treat all other students with respect, and to help each other achieve the best possible experience. If a student has difficulty meeting this expectation, parents may be called upon to assist.
Our leadership addresses all incidents of bullying seriously and trains staff to promote communication with their staff and their campers.
We work together as a team to ensure that campers gain self-confidence, make new friends, and go home with their camp experience.
When a student does not follow the behavior guidelines, we will take the following action steps as behavior problems progress.
- Staff will redirect the student to more appropriate behavior.
- If inappropriate behavior continues, the student will be reminded of behavior guidelines and camp rules, and the student will be asked to decide on action steps to correct his/her behavior.
- If a student’s behavior still does not meet expectations and is affecting the experience of other students, he/she will be referred to a member of the Administration (Program Directors, Lead Staff).
- If inappropriate behavior continues, as a final action step the camper may be dismissed from the program (see refund disclaimer below)
Examples of unacceptable behavior:
- Refusing to follow behavior guidelines or GMA rules
- Using profanity, vulgarity or obscenity
- Stealing or damaging property (personal or GMA property)
- Refusal to participate in activities or cooperate with staff
- Disrupting a program
- Leaving a program without permission
- Endangering the health and safety of children and/or staff
- Use of illicit drugs, alcohol or tobacco or sexual conduct of any kind
- Teasing, making fun or bullying of other students or staff
- Fighting of any kind
Program fees are non-refundable if a student is sent home for disciplinary reasons. Physical violence or bullying toward another student or staff member will result in immediate dismissal from the program.