Enjoy a Fun-Filled, Educational Summer with Camp H.Y.P.E.
Camp H.Y.P.E. Summer Enrichment Program is a must for any child who wants to learn and have fun! Camp H.Y.P.E. facilitates reading and academic and recreational enrichment activities, educational field trips, sports, swim clinics and a whole lot more.
About Our Summer Enrichment Program
Summer Enrichment Program
The Summer Enrichment Program is offered to primary students in grades K through 8. During our enrichment program these students will have an opportunity to gain an adequate foundation for learning to read and write effectively.
Our program provides instruction that can lead to reading fluency, expanded vocabulary, math literacy, utilization of phonics, and poetry and reading for pleasure.
Individual instruction, small group activities, and field trips, are incorporated into the highly interactive learning environment.
The our Academic & Recreation program offers a unique opportunity for the students to experience success during a seven-week intensive summer program.
Camp Hype’s Mission
Our mission is to provide opportunities for achievement in academics, performing arts, and athletics in a fun, Christ-Centered environment.
From the time school is out in the spring until school begins again in the fall there is a significant period of time when youth have an opportunity to learn and further develop outside of the classroom. Especially for urban youth, the summer months can be some of the most critical of their lives.
Camp HYPE provides a safe, positive environment where children can develop self-confidence and social skills, build lasting relationships with peers and counselors, work to improve their grasp of core academic disciplines, increase their level of physical fitness, and explore their creativity – all while promoting the fun and freedom that define what summer means to us all.
Our camp emphasizes academic enrichment in literacy, math and science, art and music awareness, as well as social and spiritual development.
Camp HYPE currently serves children from kindergarten through 8th grade. The seven-week, full day program involves intensive learning through group instruction and through our many strategic educational and recreational partners.
Students entering Camp H.Y.P.E. Summer Enrichment Program must be entering Kindergarten through 8th Grade. Spots for Kindergarten aged campers are limited.
A non-refundable deposit is required at the time of registration. This deposit will be applied to your account and put toward your total Summer Camp fee.
The cost of Camp H.Y.P.E. includes the following:
- All Camp Activities & Supplies
- Before & After Care
- Daily Breakfast, Lunch, & Snack
- A Safe & Structured Environment
- Daily Academic Enrichment Instruction
- Christ Centered Learning Environment
- Camp T-shirt
Camp Cost: $850.00 per Camper | Additional Siblings: $600.00 per Camper | Registration Fee: $35 per camper
2 Easy Ways to Pay:
- Monthly Installments: Billed on the 1st of each month
- Pay Upfront: Pay for Camp HYPE in full
Hours of Operation
Camp hours are Monday through Friday 7:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Before Care (7:00am – 8:00am)
- Camp HYPE Academic Programing (8:00am – 3:00pm)
- After Care/Recreational Programing (3:00pm – 7:00pm)
Interest Meeting – Coming Soon
Open House & Registration – Coming Soon
Orientation – Coming Soon
Camp Hype Official Opening Day – Coming Soon
Camp Closing Ceremonies – Coming Soon
Health & Safety
Illness and Injury
If your camper shows any symptoms of illness before coming to camp, please notify us.
If your child is sick or injured while at camp:
- In the event of non-emergency medical treatment, campers are taken to the onsite healthcare provider, nurse, or trained staff; who administers minor first aid.
- In the event of a more serious injury or illness, the camper will be transported by ambulance to a local hospital, and a parent will be contacted.
- In the event of an illness or injury where the camper will not be able to stay in camp, a parent or emergency contact will be called to make arrangements for pickup.
For medical and safety reasons, Camp HYPE team members do not administer insulin shots or medications requiring similar procedures.
Camp requires effort and the ability to communicate. To ensure your child has a safe summer camp experience, your child must:
- Be able to understand, remember and follow instructions
- Be able to respect and relate responsibly to others in a group
- Be able to participate in primarily outdoor activities in large and small groups
Camp HYPE has weather radios and access to weather radar. (Tornado Preparedness)
Camp HYPE Behavior Guidelines & Expectations
Please read our Rules & Behavior Policy with your camper before camp. We expect campers to act respectfully at all times when they are on our property or participating in our programs. Campers are to behave in a mature, responsible way and respect the rights and dignity of others. Interactions will reflect the Camp HYPE Four Core Values:
- Campers take Responsibility for their actions.
- Campers Respect themselves, each other, camp equipment and the environment.
- Honesty will be the basis for all relationships and interactions.
- Campers will be Caring in their relationships with others.
Camp HYPE Rules
- Campers must treat other campers, counselors, and all summer camp staff with RESPECT.
- Campers must listen to and follow directions given to them by all counselors and staff. Counselors and staff give directions to keep campers happy and safe. Undermining authority will not be tolerated.
- Campers must keep hands, feet and other objects to oneself.
- Campers shall not intentionally cause or attempt to cause physical or emotional harm to another camper or camp employee.
- Campers shall not possess a weapon or object which might be considered a weapon, nor will any illegal substances brought to camp be tolerated.
- Campers must never touch another camper’s personal belongings.
- Campers must treat summer camp equipment, supplies, and facilities properly and with care.
- Campers must not take or touch anything belonging to a staff member or recreation department without prior permission.
- Campers shall refrain from rude or offensive language and conduct.
- Campers shall remain with their grade level groups at all times while at camp.
- No water or bathroom breaks should be taken without permission and supervision from a counselor or staff member.
- On field trips summer camp T-shirt must be worn at all times.
- NO CELL PHONES OR ELECTRONICS are allowed to accompany campers during camp.
At Camp HYPE, bullying is inexcusable, and we have a firm policy against all types of bullying. Each camper is expected to treat all other campers with respect, and to help each other achieve the best possible experience. If a camper has difficulty meeting this expectation, parents may be called upon to assist.
Our leadership addresses all incidents of bullying seriously and trains staff to promote communication with their staff and their campers.
We work together as a team to ensure that campers gain self-confidence, make new friends, and go home with their camp experience.
When a camper does not follow the behavior guidelines, we will take the following action steps as behavior problems progress.
- Staff will redirect the camper to more appropriate behavior.
- If inappropriate behavior continues, the camper will be reminded of behavior guidelines and camp rules, and the camper will be asked to decide on action steps to correct his/her behavior.
- If a child’s behavior still does not meet expectations and is affecting the experience of other campers, he/she will be referred to a member of the Administration (Camp Directors, Dean, Program Manager).
- If inappropriate behavior continues, as a final action step the camper may be dismissed from camp.
Examples of unacceptable behavior:
- Refusing to follow behavior guidelines or camp rules
- Using profanity, vulgarity or obscenity
- Stealing or damaging property (personal or camp property)
- Refusal to participate in activities or cooperate with staff
- Disrupting a program
- Leaving a program without permission
- Endangering the health and safety of children and/or staff
- Use of illicit drugs, alcohol or tobacco or sexual conduct of any kind
- Teasing, making fun or bullying of other campers or staff
- Fighting of any kind
Camper fees are non-refundable if a camper is sent home for disciplinary reasons. Physical violence or bullying toward another camper or staff member will result in immediate dismissal from the camp program.
Join the Camp HYPE Team
Camp HYPE Summer Enrichment Program is currently hiring camp workers for the 2021 Summer Session. We are looking for enthusiastic, energetic people who love being in the presence of kids! A great attitude and creative spirit is a must have. If you feel you have what it takes to work at Camp HYPE, check out the requirements & application below. We look forward to meeting with you!
- Summer Camp English Instructor
- Summer Camp Math/Science Instructor
- Summer Camp History Instructor
- Summer Camp Bible Instructor
- Summer Camp Performing Arts Instructor
- Summer Camp Recreation Instructor
- Instructor’s Assistant
- Lunch Aide
Summer Instructor/Assistant Job Requirements
Reports to: Program Director
Contract Dates: Coming Soon
- Teaching experience in an urban setting
- Public, Private, or CharterSchool Experience
- Instructor will work between 7:30am and 3:00pm.
- Instructor will supervise or organize field trips when assigned.
- Instructor will attend staff meetings.These may take place before the summer enrichment begins or after the program ends for the day.
- Instructor will write, align curriculum, and implement curriculum in conjunction with the Camp Director and Program Director.
- Instructor will attend training & parent orientation for prospective parents.
- Instructor will attend all camp performances (music, performing arts, etc.)
- Instructor will be available to chaperone and/or organize camp activities, such as socials, field trips, or fundraising events.
- Instructor will supervise lunch, hallways, and other common areas when assigned.
- Instructor will perform all other duties assigned by administration